John Mattiacci is an experienced personal injury lawyer practicing in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Over the last five years alone, John has helped recover nearly $50 million in settlements and verdicts for his clients. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Fewer than 1% of all attorneys in the United States are members, and membership is limited to lawyers who have recovered million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for their clients. John has also been recognized as a Pennsylvania Rising Star by Super Lawyers and Philadelphia Magazine, an honor granted to fewer than 2.5% of the attorneys in the state. John was also nominated by other attorneys and judges to receive a pre-eminent “AV” rating through the Martindale-Hubbell peer review process. This rating, the highest possible, is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
John’s approach to the practice of law is simple, obtain the best possible result in each case. To do so, he treats his clients like members of the family and provides them with the care and attention they deserve. He returns phone calls promptly, keeps his clients informed of key developments, and explains the legal process and answers questions so each client knows what to expect throughout the case. At the time same, John fights tooth and nail against the defense and will gladly go to trial if an insurance company is not willing to pay the fair settlement value of a case. This dedication to his clients and willingness to go to trial has allowed him to recover significant verdicts and settlements in a range of cases involving construction accidents, car accidents, bus accidents, slips and falls, and defective products, just to name a few.
John fights for the underdog. He finds great satisfaction in being an accident lawyer that represents an injured client against a large insurance company or powerful corporation. In life, the balance of power is so often in favor of big business, but John’s experience, drive and skills as an accident lawyer in Pennsylvania and across New Jersey allow him to level the playing field and use the law to force wrongdoers to pay fair compensation to victims of negligence.
John is married to attorney Laura Carlin Mattiacci, a lawyer who represents employees in employment discrimination cases. They reside in New Jersey with their four sons.
Memberships and Awards:
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- AV Pre-eminent rating the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Process
- Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Associations
- American Association for Justice (Formerly American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Selected as a “Pennsylvania Rising Star” by Philadelphia Magazine and Philadelphia Super Lawyers Magazine
- Victor A. Jaczun Award for Outstanding Trial Advocacy
- National Champion of the American Association for Justice’s (AAJ) Trial Advocacy Competition
- Two-time Regional Champion of AAJ’s Trial Advocacy Competition
- Champion of Quinnipiac University School of Law’s Northeast Regional Criminal Justice Advocacy Competition
- New Jersey
- District Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania