Attorney William Coppol is a partner at the personal injury law firm of Mattiacci Law, LLC. As an attorney with nearly two decades of experience, Bill has a well-earned reputation as an aggressive Philadelphia personal injury lawyer. He has won jury trials in Philadelphia and across Pennsylvania. Many of his victories have resulted in multi-million-dollar recoveries for his clients.
Bill was recently elected to membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates. ABOTA is a national organization made up of judges and attorneys from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. This prestigious organization is dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the civil jury trial right provided by the Seventh Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Membership in ABOTA is by invitation only. Members must have at least five years of active experience as a trial lawyer and must have tried at least 10 civil jury trials to conclusion and possess additional litigation experience. Members of ABOTA must exhibit the virtues of civility, integrity and professionalism by following a Code of Professionalism and Principles of Civility.
Bill has had many notable victories as a trial lawyer. Recently, he was lead counsel in a case that resulted in a recovery of more than $10 million dollars for a client injured in a trucking accident in western Pennsylvania. He was also co-counsel in a seven-week trial in Philadelphia that resulted in a verdict of $5.05 million for four victims of a Greyhound bus accident. Ultimately, Bill was instrumental in recovering an additional $16 million from that single Greyhound bus crash for the remaining victims. In 2019, Bill won a $750,000 verdict in Centre County, Pennsylvania for a client injured in a trucking accident, reinforcing the his ability to win cases throughout Pennsylvania.
Please note that past results afford no guarantee of future results. Every case is different and must be judged on its own merits.
The attributes Bill brings to his practice are many. He strives to out-work, out-hustle, and out-perform his adversaries. He approaches his cases with compassion for his clients and dedication to their needs. He works with his clients to get the best possible outcome and to develop a personal relationship with everyone he represents.
All of this has made Bill well-respected in the legal community. He has been recognized for his skill as a tenacious personal injury lawyer. Since 2014, he has been nominated by his peers as a Super Lawyer. No more than 5% of the attorneys in Pennsylvania attain this distinction.
Bill resides in Pennsylvania with his wife, Sarah, and their four children and is very active in his community.
- Widener University Law School
- West Virginia University (B.S. in Finance, Cum Laude; Special Interest in Corporate Finance)
Memberships and Awards:
- Named to the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2014 to Present
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum/Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Certified Arbitrator, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Judge Pro Tempore, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Certified Federal Arbitrator, U.S. Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Member, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court RPC 7.1(a)(3). Also stated: “A description of the standard of method or methodology can be found on the Super Lawyers website.
Below are just some examples of Bill’s notable recoveries for clients:
- $21+ million recovered for victims of a Greyhound bus accident, including a verdict of $5.05 million for four victims
- $10+ million recovery for a trucking accident
- $4.3 million verdict – worker injured at a manufacturing facility
- $3 million verdict – union floor layer injured on the job
- $3 million settlement – union pipe-fitter injured on the job
- $1.65 million settlement – union sprinkler-fitter injured on the job
- $1.65 million settlement – laborer injured by scissor-lift
- $950,000 settlement – laborer injured on loading dock
- $885,000 settlement – union millwright injured on the job
- $750,000 verdict - trucking accident
- $600,000 settlement – trucking accident
- $500,000 settlement – motor vehicle accident
- $425,000 arbitration award – motor vehicle accident
Past results afford no guarantee of future results. Every case is different and must be judged on its own merits.
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of PA