How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer in Philadelphia
So you have decided to hire a personal injury lawyer for your case. This is a very smart move, but you need to make certain that you find a personal injury lawyer that's right for you. Working with the right lawyer could really make a massive difference in terms of time and money, which makes selecting the best lawyer immensely crucial. We can offer advice on how to find a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia.
The Search for the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
When figuring out how to find a personal injury laws tend to work with clients on a specific side of injury cases, which is either the plaintiff or the defendant, and not both. A plaintiff is the injured victim, while a defendant could be an individual or other entity (like a company) whose alleged negligent actions caused the plaintiff’s injuries. This means that if you have been hurt, your lawyer’s practice should focus on the victim’s side in personal injury cases.
Work of mouth and personal recommendations are among the best places to begin your search for a lawyer. If you know someone who has had a favorable outcome with a personal injury case, you should ask them how to find a personal injury lawyer. Reputable online resources, including the lawyer’s personal websites, are likewise excellent sources for creating a list of candidates that you want to consult with.
Narrow Down your List of Candidates in Philadelphia
When trying to narrow down your candidate list, here are some useful tips:
- Does the lawyer have experience with your particular type of personal injury case? Does the lawyer’s website offer useful information? How easy is it to get in touch with the lawyer?
- The lawyer and the practice’s profile should give you a sense of the types of personal injury cases they typically handle. If you cannot tell, better contact the office.
- Check out the testimonial and results pages on the lawyer’s website. These will give you a clearer representation of what you can generally expect from the lawyer.
- Check with the state bar association to determine if the lawyer is legit and is in good standing.
- Look through archives of local newspapers to see if there are write-ups about the lawyer. In most cases, lawyers who have handled high-profile cases and have secured high compensation amounts for their clients end up in local newspapers or articles online.
- Don’t forget to ask about potential conflicts of interest. Specifically, you should ask the personal injury lawyer if they work with anyone affiliated with the parties you’re planning to sue or anyone who might have a stake in your case’s outcome.
After narrowing down your candidate list, schedule a consultation with the lawyers. Even if you already have an idea of their background from your research, you should still ask them about their experience to gauge their competence, ability, and willingness to secure the best possible outcome for your case. Learning about these things will enable you to make a more informed decision on which Philadelphia personal injury lawyer will be right for your specific needs.
Communication is Key
Another vital aspect of how to find a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia is how well you can communicate with each other. Do you find that the lawyer really listens to you? Are they open to your ideas or input on the case? Do you understand everything about your case because of how well the lawyer explained it to you? You should likewise keep in mind that you should feel comfortable discussing things with your lawyer because you may need to divulge some personal matters that might be relevant to your case.
The majority of personal injury lawyers work with their clients on what’s known as a contingency fee agreement. With this fee arrangement, the lawyer will only receive their fee if they manage to win your case and obtain compensation for your losses. Personal injury lawyers offer this fee arrangement to enable injured victims to seek compensation even if they don’t have the money to get a personal injury case started.
Do note, though, that you might have to pay for other costs related to your case, which are different from your lawyer’s fee. So make sure to read the contingency fee agreement before signing it.
Speak to an Experienced Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you need to know how to find a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, please do not hesitate to reach out to Mattiacci Law, LLC. We have the necessary experience, skills, and resources to handle different kinds of personal injury matters. You can arrange a free review of your case with our compassionate and knowledgeable Philadelphia personal injury lawyer by calling 215-709-7915 or filling out our online case evaluation form. We also offer 24/7 service so you can get in touch with one of our representatives at all times.