Donate To The American Red Cross For Hurricane Sandy Relief
The Red Cross Needs Your Support To Help Victims Of Hurricane Sandy
Thousands of people have been affected by Hurricane Sandy. This includes people in New Jersey, New York and elsewhere that have lost their homes and possessions and are still without basic necessities.
Please donate to relief groups, such as the American Red Cross, to support victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Helping victims of the Hurricane
The effects of Hurricane Sandy have been overwhelming for the Garden State. The Red Cross ultimately made a commitment to spend or did spend up to $314 million dollars in assistance to New Jersey and other states.
Here are some facts about the Red Cross's response to the hurricane:
- The Red Cross and community workers served 17.5 million meals and snacks;
- They handed out more than 7 million relief items such as blankets, gloves, warm clothing, and home clean-up supplies;
- Red Crossers provided 113,000 health services and emotional support contacts;
- The Red Cross and its partners provided 74,000 overnight stays in shelters for evacuees of Hurricane Sandy;
- $96.8 million in funds was donated for recovery services in communities across the northeastern and mid-Atlantic states;
- Funds helped rebuild more than 7,500 homes.
About the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross is a non-profit organization that helps provide support to victims of disaster. The Red Cross also provides upt o 40% of blood supplied in the United States. The Red Cross also provides training for lifesaving skills, such as CPR.